No purpose

Hi I'm new here.

I was diagnosed with Aspergers when I was 10 and my life since becoming an adult is all over the place. I'm 26 in a week's time and I've literally got no purpose and no point. I'm here but I don't know what for. I can't work, I've tried but I can't cope. Each time I try I end up in a mental health hospital and it takes an age to get home again. I have supportive parents but constant family arguing I.E my brothers causes upset and makes home life not so good. I spend all my time in my bedroom listening to music or playing the guitar. Music, singers, bands and instruments are my special interest. I am OBSESSED with music in every way! Sadly no one but my dad is in to music like me but we're slowly drifting apart. I've always found talking to them and people in general hard. It's getting worse and I'm hardly saying anything now. Talking makes me uneasy, it's common in autism I've read that but it still is awkward for me and everyone else.

I'm a big fan of Lego, Star Wars, Doctor Who all sci-fi and supernatural stuff. I like horror books and tv. I also like singing, I've been told I have a good voice.

Going out isn't for me. I get terrible anxiety, panic attacks, meltdowns and shutdowns. I try to stay in, maybe go out for a quiet walk on my own sometimes. I've been reading and writing for a few years, I'd hoped I could make a living at that but it's never gone anywhere. I struggle with finishing what I start with my writing. I've worked on so many projects but never finished one.

I've got no friends and that doesn't really bother me but all my brothers do and it kind of burns being the only one who doesn't.

I just wish I had something off my own.

But instead I'm here but not really doing anything.

I'm grateful for life and the family I've got but I wish I could be better than I am.

• Rest is good buddy. If you need to sleep to get back to even ground then go ahead. You did a lot yesterday it's bound to take a few days to recover. 

• I hear you !  Same on all counts, except I would fiddle and extrapolate with your "wisoms of life" thought with a flavour of "Learn to know yourself properly first, then try not to loath what you have learned."

• I felt the effect, today. After getting up at 6:30 am, I ran errands then went back to bed at 10:20 am until now. 

• Ooh who are your favourite Kpop groups? I love Blackpink, Stray Kids, Everglow, Le Sserafim, Aespa, Ive, Itzy, Nmixx, and Kep1er Smile Those are my main faves but I listen to a lot of other groups and soloists too!

I still haven't read It but it's only my list. I saw the 2017 movie though and it was great!

• Same tbh. I like all genres and listen to whatever I'm feeling at the time. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Kpop and rock.

Mine are Misery and It. I can never choose which one I like best. I've not seen the movie adaption yet but I'll give them a try some point. Grinning

• I will do that. A song like Eye of the Tiger or Queen's Don't stop me now would probably be good ones to walk with. Music is the best. Slight smile

• I honestly love all types of music. Right now I'm really into Kpop and Eurovision but I grew up listening to a lot of rock and metal. I always find something I like in every genre. How about you?

Oh what is your favourite Stephen King book? I think mine is Misery. I also really like The Mist, and I like a lot of the movies based on his novels too!

• that's alright Slight smile i hope you manage to get out on some walks and enjoy them - might even be an idea to make a walking playlist idk if it's strange but I quite like songs you walk on the beat too it's quite satisfying :) hope you feel better soon and we're all here for you - you're never alone xx

• Sorry it's taken me about 50 years to reply! They call me the Tortoise for a reason........ Turtle

You are all so understanding. It's overwhelming. In a good way though. Thanks for the support. Slight smile

•  Thanks for replying my friend. 

Hang in there, Dude. We weren't supposed to do well in standard tests because we don't have standard minds. There is a world, however, for us.

This was brilliantly put. Well said!

Oh man, it sounds like that took it out of you. Are you ok today? I know oh so well the effects of forcing yourself to do certain things. It's good your friend left early, what a great friend. Take care of yourself. Slight smile

•  Thank you for replying. Slight smile

I'm sorry you're struggling, that must be hard for you to want to keep fit with exercise but being unable to. I don't know if it's too much but have you thought about doing something like Wii Sports and Go Vacation on the Nintendo? It's a lighter way of doing exercise and I believe it's less stressing on the body. I'm sorry if that's unhelpful. Take care of yourself and it's good to remind yourself that you will get there and it isn't your fault,

the day will come when you are better again and when it does you'll see it was worth the wait. That's something positive you can look forward to.

There's a lot of videos on YouTube regarding hobbies you could have a look at as well. Explore some and see if you find any new ones you might enjoy.

Thanks for responding. I wish you well for the future and a speedy recovery. Slight smile

• Thanks for replying. I'm sorry you struggle in the same way but I've hope that things can change for us. Life is an ever changing event so maybe that change for us both is right around the corner.

Also, I really love music and supernatural stuff and horror books / TV / movies too so if you ever just wanted to chat about that stuff to take your mind off things then feel free to send me a message

Nice what sort of music do you like to listen to? I love supernatural and horror. I've got nearly every Stephen King book and a lot of supernatural DVDs.

• Glad you’re feeling better, and it’s always ok to not be ok (to use a modern cliche but a good one I think) which is why this place helps so much with perspective 

•  Thank you Luna. Slight smile I'm trying and I'll get there. I feel better already having joined here.

•  Thank you. Slight smile

I just worked out how to tag people.

It's good to know I'm not on my own and I don't mean that like I'm glad others find it hard. It's just good to know I'm not on my own,

that makes a difference to me. Good suggestion, thank you. I've been meaning to try and go for more walks. It's been cooler and that's put me off but it's about time I got out a bit more. I'll be anxious but with my headphones and music I should be ok.

Thank you for the encouragement. Slight smile

• Hi Debbie thanks. He sounds a nice guy, I'm glad you have each other. I'm still looking for a woman who'll put up with me. Laughing

• I'm glad you got to the other side. Sometimes it feels like I'm going to burn and crash but each year is a step closer to reaching a good point to stand at.

Thank you!

• Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond and offer your advice and give me the hopes that I can find my purpose and get through these inconvenient emotions. I over analyse myself and life at times and sometimes it can all get on top of me, as I think it has again.

I'm feeling better today though, thanks to your kind responses. I am a little hard on myself and will do better in future not to be. Thank you everyone for being there for me.

• I love that you recognised it from Doctor Who. I've The 7th Doctor's umbrella at home. Slight smile

Thank you. You said plenty and it was all helpful.

• Hang in there, Dude. We weren't supposed to do well in standard tests because we don't have standard minds. There is a world, however, for us.

I do head out, but it's always a forced exercise. This evening, my friend and I went to see a local Drama Society do the Wizard of Oz. However, I felt queasy halfway through. Plus, my friend had a contingency plan to leave early; anyway.