Do you work?

I was working in English, teaching writing to students and I had been doing this for a long time but had to cut down to part time because of autistic burnout and physical stress. I went to work before Xmas but left after an hour I couldn't cope and I've not been back since. I can't do work anymore it's like I get pulled under fierce waves in the dark and I can't breathe or see. My husband is supportive and has said to stay at home and go back when I'm ready but I don't want to quit in case I'm never ready to return to work. But I feel selfish for being like this because my husband has to deal with me.

I've had a couple of jobs working in shops and at a hospital but the experience haven't been good. I was hoping my teaching would be a good one and last but it looks like I've failed again. I have no idea how people keep their jobs without burning out. I cannot get the hang of it.

Parents
  • Since return to scotland Ive been working in writing. I do a couple o pages for the local paper in my area, meets with success and good response. Writing about all the important stuff like the wait times with hospitals atm. My own personal experiences are most popular in my writing. I like writing work cause I can do it mostly from comfort of my own home and that perfect as Im not a mum so my baby keeps me busy. sometimes i work in the local community centre as well if Ive got time. It’s not steady work and not making a fortune but it’s work and I’m proud I can do it.

• Since return to scotland Ive been working in writing. I do a couple o pages for the local paper in my area, meets with success and good response. Writing about all the important stuff like the wait times with hospitals atm. My own personal experiences are most popular in my writing. I like writing work cause I can do it mostly from comfort of my own home and that perfect as Im not a mum so my baby keeps me busy. sometimes i work in the local community centre as well if Ive got time. It’s not steady work and not making a fortune but it’s work and I’m proud I can do it.

Children
  • And u haven't failed or let anyone down. Some time just need a break from life and all the hassle o work, no shame in that. You have a supportive husband who believes in you and we do as well. Look after urself for now and worry about return to work when your ready when the time is right. Take care