The Thinking Literally thread

Please feel free to list your experiences with literal thinking or related behaviours whenever you feel like it, and whether these are important or as typically ridiculous as my recent example:

* I ordered a 'personalised' t-shirt from Ebay, graced with the word 'AUTISTIC' in gigantic, glowing capital letters. Wearing this shirt, I thought, would save me the tedium of explaining my more unusual words or deeds to others whenever it might be necessary. Hooray! Alas, after receiving the shirt I realised that it's Winter & resultingly bloomin' freezing so it's likely that the shirt is now as useless as I habitually am. If I wear the neon monstrosity that is the shirt under an opened jacket, its essential message - which ludicrously dwarfs the famous HOLLYWOOD sign, such are my design-skills - will either be lost on the NT crowd, or else appear as some kind of short, ironic and post-sexist anagram. Doh.

Parents
  • It was an interview in my current job. After some short conversation with the boss in his office he asked me if i would like to see the warehouse. I eagerly agreed and we went to the back side of the huge hardware store and there was a warehouse with the office fir logistics (where I work). The boss pointed with his finger the office which was messy at that time, and he said "a woman is missing here!" I thought we were waiting for some lady to come so I asked him if we are waiting for her. He started laughing and explained that he wants to hire a woman here to have it in order. 

I was ashamed and thought that I already lost it for being dump, but it turned out the same day he took his decision and hired me. One water leak "served" me that day - by noticing and reporting it to him I  for sure earned some extra points. And I'm not the only one keeping it in order, my colleagues also got a motivation to stop behaving like cave men. 

• a woman is missing here!

I thought it was SO messy that a woman was buried under the mess.

• Almost xD there were piles of papers on both desks and everything was just a mess. But a week after hiring me the boss ordered my manager to renovate the office so it wouldn't scare people anymore. I also helped with that and had fun doing it

• Almost xD there were piles of papers on both desks and everything was just a mess. But a week after hiring me the boss ordered my manager to renovate the office so it wouldn't scare people anymore. I also helped with that and had fun doing it

Children
No Data