Famous autistic people - Lionel Messi

I have read in several different places that Lionel Messi is autistic, it is said he may have been diagnosed as a child in Argentina before he moved to Spain at 13,  and reading books and articles about him and seeing how he talks in interviews and how he is on the pitch a lot of his personality and behaviour would fit with an autistic person. I found it really comforting and inspirational when he won the World Cup yesterday. It felt like NT people always reject us and look down on us and make us feel we are not as good as them and yet an autistic person is the absolute best in the world at something. It made me almost cry with happiness, like a victory for autistic people. 

I believe Albert Einstein may have been autistic too. I teach other autistic kids and when they put themselves down and see their autism as something that makes us inferior, I say to them the most intelligent man in history and the greatest footballer in history are both autistic.

Parents
  • Where historic figures are concerned, it will have to remain speculative.

Some known names:

Temple Grandin

Christine McGuiness

Susan Boyle

Daryl Hannah

Fern Brady

Greta Thunberg

The list is of course shorter than that of men, as women are far less likely to have been diagnosed.

I wonder how many famous women from history were autistic and actually achieved something in spite of being disenfranchised.

• I wonder how many achieved BECAUSE they were autistic.  My mother did say for my assessment that my biggest strength was my determination.  Once I've made up my mind I am doing something I AM doing it and nothing and nobody is telling me "no".  Certainly not a man with other ideas about what a woman should do!  We can be stubborn little wotsits, but that's not always a bad thing, huh?

• I wonder how many achieved BECAUSE they were autistic.  My mother did say for my assessment that my biggest strength was my determination.  Once I've made up my mind I am doing something I AM doing it and nothing and nobody is telling me "no".  Certainly not a man with other ideas about what a woman should do!  We can be stubborn little wotsits, but that's not always a bad thing, huh?

Children
  • It is. We all know really, that wimmin should be meek and compliant, and men ready to die for them at the drop of a hat! 

I'm not sure women got the best of the new deal, because there are so many dangerous situations I get to duck out of now, AND my O/H pays the billls..

The housework, is a doddle now compared to what people went through in the forties, plus being a man spiders don't cause me any more problem than is needed to move them safely aside and clean around them, and double plus, I can both troubleshoot and clean the appliances whenever neccesary! And of course, when you've been taught how to clean by the Army, "by the numbers", it becomes even easier.

Which is good, 'cos I have a load of other man stuff to do involving motorbikes and electronics, plus all that talking to my mates on the phone as well.

I think in reality having lived both sides of the life, breadwinner and househusband, I'm equally unhappy paying either role, I just wish the women would stop complaining...

*Nomex suit ON, Shields up*