What defines your autism?

There's another question that sprang to mind this morning.

What defines your autism?

I have noticed that most of the posts on the forum appear to be about our vulnerabilities.

So, is our autism defined by our vulnerabilities?

Certainly the sensitivities and communication difficulties can make us more vulnerable to stress and isolation.

Any positives anyone?

I'm still thinking about that one.

There is a lot of food for thought once we have obtained recognition either personally or professionally.

Parents
  • My socks, lol. Who doesn't want to go to bed at night obsessively designing the perfect pair of sock? Ok. Nobody but me, Lol.

Sometimes autism is fun! Very individual fun, but big time fun!

Socks were sorted for me about thirty years ago when a company I worked at went bust.

I calculated how many of their logo'd black promotional socks I would need until I died, and have guarded my stash jealously, and used them slowly, ever since. 

I love these 2 comments.

Thank you for both bringing a smile this morning.

, maybe knit some colourful socks for to add some colour and variety to his collection?

Maybe we need a socks thread?

• Debbie,

The humour on this forum is brilliant.  I'm contemplating crocheting some socks as I crochet others things and wonder what socks would feel like. :-)

• Mine are super but you need the right yarn blend.  I found the stretch sock yarns best.  They generally have a little bit of soft wool for warmth - not enough to make me itch, mixed with super soft cotton so the feet breath, and a bit of elastane to make them stretch.  Crochet socks are harder to get precisely right in size as the stitches are less stretchy than knitting, but are easier to make in the round.  Once you have the perfect template, you can design all sorts of patterns and I do.  I also have a fascination with self phasing yarns though.  All those lovely rhythmic stitches whilst the colour gently shifts under your fingers - sensory heaven!

Oh dear! Am I Autie info dumping again?  I'll go admonish myself in a corner with a chant of "do not bore people who aren't as obsessed as you are with the crochet, Dawn"  LOL

• I liked your telling. it reminded me of when I once soldered things with lots of legs, and if you get a rythym going it goes "just so"... It does feel rude to sidetrack a post, (although I try not to let it stop me!) but that got genuinely interesting.. 

Can anyone do me rainbow fleur-de-ly's on a gold background please? 

• I liked your telling. it reminded me of when I once soldered things with lots of legs, and if you get a rythym going it goes "just so"... It does feel rude to sidetrack a post, (although I try not to let it stop me!) but that got genuinely interesting.. 

Can anyone do me rainbow fleur-de-ly's on a gold background please? 

Children
No Data