What defines your autism?

There's another question that sprang to mind this morning.

What defines your autism?

I have noticed that most of the posts on the forum appear to be about our vulnerabilities.

So, is our autism defined by our vulnerabilities?

Certainly the sensitivities and communication difficulties can make us more vulnerable to stress and isolation.

Any positives anyone?

I'm still thinking about that one.

There is a lot of food for thought once we have obtained recognition either personally or professionally.

Parents
  • Normal? No, thank you.

I'd rather be me even if it means alone.

I get to do all kind of cool things they wouldn't come up with in a million years, and they would need another million to understand it.

Like giving cool names to anything and everything: Clueless Copycats, The Furious Blinking Response, Radical Solutions, or nicknames that stick to a person for life.

I can talk to myself and never get bored. <-- my favourite kind of joke, it's the truth !!!

• ike giving cool names to anything and everything: Clueless Copycats, The Furious Blinking Response, Radical Solutions, or nicknames that stick to a person for life.

I've given my neighbours nicknames.

Mr Fussy

Mr and Mrs Grumpy

Mr and Mrs Angry

The Clean family

• My colleagues:

King Salomon The Wise

PaulAnonymous

Ashton Martin

Nacho The Cookie

Matchstick

Half-orc

Simonella

She Bites

Blondie Alien

Edyta Pure Evil

His Excellency

Iwould be hard pressed to tell their real names Smiley

• that's a really unique one. How did they come up with it?

I think that allistic learn names if they find you interesting or exploitable or othwerwise inciting remembering it.

My issue with not remebering names is more along the line of limited capacity in memory for words. That's the only conclusion I can draw so far. So if I make a nickname out of words I would remember anyway for other reasons it helps me, because I can retain them in my memory identifiable, otherwise they would become like most - just blank, nameless faces. 20 years is maksimum limit for unused word to remain in my memory.

Eventually all words fades into ocean of forgetfulness. My memories from childhood are speechless, except added later 'subtitles/transcript'

• that's a really unique one. How did they come up with it?

I think that allistic learn names if they find you interesting or exploitable or othwerwise inciting remembering it.

My issue with not remebering names is more along the line of limited capacity in memory for words. That's the only conclusion I can draw so far. So if I make a nickname out of words I would remember anyway for other reasons it helps me, because I can retain them in my memory identifiable, otherwise they would become like most - just blank, nameless faces. 20 years is maksimum limit for unused word to remain in my memory.

Eventually all words fades into ocean of forgetfulness. My memories from childhood are speechless, except added later 'subtitles/transcript'

Children
No Data