Small Talk

I hate small talk. I hate that I can't grasp it. I hate how people randomly foist it on me. What's up with that!? I've been online shopping since Covid19 started but I decided to get out and give a small shop ago. It went ok. I was anxious but I coped and then came the till...... the woman started talking to me like we were good friends.... said about the weather, Christmas, even her cat Boris! I feel drained now. I feel an idiot for being unable to participate in her small talk. All I said was yes, no... mmm... Small talk, one of life's little mysteries.

Parents
  • I find it so excruciating. I can do it for very small moments - like when I bump into the neighbours when I'm walking the dog without looking too strange (and wishing it would end) But the idea of sitting with people in the pub or something for an extended period discussing nothing in particular is awful. I've lost friends over the years because I'm just not interested in meeting up so I probably don't have much to offer.

• I'm sure you have a lot to offer if you meet people like yourself that are interesting and can expand further on Ooooo isn't it cold, yeeeeees it is  Joy

• My new home got a new driveway, and shed, installed - over the summer - everyone is awestruck by it; except me. Laughing

Reply Children
No Data