Small Talk

I hate small talk. I hate that I can't grasp it. I hate how people randomly foist it on me. What's up with that!? I've been online shopping since Covid19 started but I decided to get out and give a small shop ago. It went ok. I was anxious but I coped and then came the till...... the woman started talking to me like we were good friends.... said about the weather, Christmas, even her cat Boris! I feel drained now. I feel an idiot for being unable to participate in her small talk. All I said was yes, no... mmm... Small talk, one of life's little mysteries.

Parents
  • Why do they call it small talk, it requires huge amounts of effort, they mention 2 or 3 topics in one  ao you have to work out which one to reply to, what order, do you then carry on with some topics yourself, if so how many, should they relate to the ones the other person talked about?  It's no wonder we can't reply. 

• I think this is why it's such hard work. Brain is trying to figure all that out quick when it can't do it and all the while the conversation starter keeps on going. The poor brain. Frazzled and burnt out.

• I think this is why it's such hard work. Brain is trying to figure all that out quick when it can't do it and all the while the conversation starter keeps on going. The poor brain. Frazzled and burnt out.

Children