Book club

What are you reading at the moment?

Any recommendations?

I mainly read crime novels but have run out of new ones so am re-reading Graham Greene.

I am on Brighton Rock at the moment.

On a kindle due to eyesight issues.

Parents
  • A post on another thread has got me thinking.

So, I'm possibly the only person in the world who has never read the Harry Potter books or seen the films.

I also tried the Philip Pullman His Dark Materials but couldn't get into it (I only read a Kindle sample).

I'm quite bad at getting into novels.

I have 271 samples on my Kindle (where I didn't buy the novel).

I usually read crime/thriller so the above are quite a contrast.

However, I feel I'm missing out on something?

I'd appreciate any input for or against.

• Never read harry potter.

Have you tried the lies of locke lamora? It is a fantasy crime one but not crime mystery, its about fantasy criminals, I don't know if that is your thing, or if you just don't like fantasy in general.

The final empire, is a fantasy heist (sort of) book. Pretty much anything by Brandon Sanderson.

Name of the wind (Just an amazing fantasy series but incomplete).

Six of crows is a fantasy heist one but more young adult.

Never read it myself but Dresden files is suppose to be good.

• Have you tried the lies of locke lamora? It is a fantasy crime one but not crime mystery, its about fantasy criminals, I don't know if that is your thing, or if you just don't like fantasy in general.

I haven't and thanks for the suggestion.

I haven't read much fantasy (The Wizard of Earthsea trilogy by Ursula Le Guin being an exception) but I am running out of books to read.

• Have you tried the lies of locke lamora? It is a fantasy crime one but not crime mystery, its about fantasy criminals, I don't know if that is your thing, or if you just don't like fantasy in general.

I haven't and thanks for the suggestion.

I haven't read much fantasy (The Wizard of Earthsea trilogy by Ursula Le Guin being an exception) but I am running out of books to read.

Children
No Data