Your Distractions

Hi! I was wondering what you guys use to distract yourselves from anxiety and the pressures in your life? I’ve been off work for a while. I have anxiety disorder and I’ve not done any work for about 5 months now so I really need to get back to it but my anxiety is still railing me and my distraction and coping methods aren’t working like they used to.

Gaming was always one of my best distractions but it’s losing its appeal sadly. I love games, being able to dive into fantasy brought me a lot of happiness but it’s not as fun now and the online games are toxic. People are so rude. I was playing a game on Friday and someone lost and messaged me saying they hope I die of cancer. So yeah not playing that one again. I still have my singing and playing and making music but I’m not feeing the zest for it atm.

Sometimes I take videos like Spongebob, remove the sound and redo the voices as my own, that’s still fun but I’ve not done it recently.

And all the while my anxiety is increasing. I don’t know why I’m so anxious, everything seems to be a trigger.

Hopefully I can find a new distraction soon.

Parents
  • Hi

I know how it feels. After few months break and a nice respite my anxiety strikes back, and for a week now I feel like I lost a will to continue. Nothing gives joy, at least among things I used to do for fun. Even focusing on work, mundane as it was, it still is, but at least I could forget myself, but it stopped working.

Except bookreading, that still works, and it reminds me I need to procure new ones, as I'm going through last among those I didn't read yet. As a last resolve I can read them again, though normally I would give more time between readings.

But yeah, a lot of things I was able to ignore previously seems to trigger me now, and it accumulates.

• Reading is my escape from the world too.

I read novels and am presently re-reading Graham Greene.

Brighton Rock at the moment.

I have a kindle.

Reply Children