I need people to smile, otherwise they dislike me

How come my understanding of facial expressions is so primitive that if people are not smiling I interpret their thinking as dislike of me? 

Parents
  • Smiling is, I think, the only universal clear welcoming sign. Others can be person dependant, for some it is standind slightly closer, for others watching you longer, for some it shows with a more relaxed body but none is really that reliable. Not smiling could also reflect how the person feels due to other things he/she experienced earlier. A lot of people are not fully living in the present so although when they do smile it is a sign of liking; when they do not, it does not necessarily mean they do not like you. 

• Smiling is, I think, the only universal clear welcoming sign. Others can be person dependant, for some it is standind slightly closer, for others watching you longer, for some it shows with a more relaxed body but none is really that reliable. Not smiling could also reflect how the person feels due to other things he/she experienced earlier. A lot of people are not fully living in the present so although when they do smile it is a sign of liking; when they do not, it does not necessarily mean they do not like you. 

Children
No Data