How do you cope with exhaustion?

I'm into my older years now so suffer from tiredness anyway but I find myself exhausted more often and I'm sure it is the autism. I'm interested to hear how you cope with this? I found it stops me doing the things I want to do and I end up sleeping more. It's frustrating because I really want to do things but I can't because of the exhaustion.

Parents
  • This is a very good question, that I wish I had the answer to. I struggle with exhaustion and insomnia... and my main issue is when I try to take a break/ have a few days off from work I end up falling into a state of lethargy and depression rather than regaining energy. If I do not have to pull myself together for work or for some other project I just seem to completely collapse... yet I also can't always keep working. It's a real problem :( Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this too? I think a huge issue is that I can no longer do my hobby (hiking or exercise due to injury) so I just do not do anything meaningful in my recovery time but when I try to do work-related stuff I am too exhausted for that.... I think sleep and sleep quality is key as well- Do you sleep well? 

• I can relate to this. When I am working I get into the routine for 4 days and look forward to my non working days. Then the less structured time breaks the routine and I don't benefit as much as I hope from the non working days. I also find before each change insomnia is worse. I too find it hard to relax with my hobbies as I used to due my eyesight change.

Quality of sleep definitely affects my ability to function.

• I can relate to this. When I am working I get into the routine for 4 days and look forward to my non working days. Then the less structured time breaks the routine and I don't benefit as much as I hope from the non working days. I also find before each change insomnia is worse. I too find it hard to relax with my hobbies as I used to due my eyesight change.

Quality of sleep definitely affects my ability to function.

Children
No Data