What are peoples 'special' interests?

Im curious to know what other peoples interests/hobbys are.  Recently I have been studying/growing mushrooms/mycology.  

Before that, it was keeping/breeding tarantulas and invertebrates.  I also have a vast knowledge of insectivorous plants.  As a kid, i practically knew every football player who played in each team.  Was obcessed.  Not so much now.  

So, what is everyone else like to study or spend time one?

Parents
  • Psychedelics, mental health, autism, "armchair" psychology & cosmology, paranormal,  meaning of life! I wax and wane mainly between these. What mushrooms are you growing? I have just started today with a grow kit. I tried to do it myself earlier this year with homemade substrate etc but the results weren't great.

I tend to find my own way through my interests on a journey of self discovery then my friends will tell me how it's "trendy" or "in vogue" but I have no concept of this as I'm just following my own interests. 

• Oh cool, i grow a few gourmets like Oysters, shiitake, lions mane.....some others.  Not too successful with gourmet mushrooms.....but i enjoy the process.  What kit did you buy?

• I got it off cylocybe. I remember you said on a previous post you had grown lions mane.I'd like to try growing oyster. The pink ones. Did you do everything from scratch or use kits? There's so much info out there if you go DIY....it's mind boggling. I bought merlin sheldrakes book a few years ago but still haven't read it.

• Pretty much all from scratch and just DIY tubs. I started out with p.f kits but did alot of research as i wasn't happy after buying and having some failures and dubious spore syringes.  Plus, its now quite a cheap hobby and i have no expenses other than buying substrate.  Not read that book but heard its good.

The info is mind boggling at first.  Good advice is out there for sure. Lots of trial and error and finding what works for you.  I found a pressure cooker was a game changer and you can pretty much replicate everything that vendors sell very easily and cheaply. 

• Pretty much all from scratch and just DIY tubs. I started out with p.f kits but did alot of research as i wasn't happy after buying and having some failures and dubious spore syringes.  Plus, its now quite a cheap hobby and i have no expenses other than buying substrate.  Not read that book but heard its good.

The info is mind boggling at first.  Good advice is out there for sure. Lots of trial and error and finding what works for you.  I found a pressure cooker was a game changer and you can pretty much replicate everything that vendors sell very easily and cheaply. 

Children
No Data