What are peoples 'special' interests?

Im curious to know what other peoples interests/hobbys are.  Recently I have been studying/growing mushrooms/mycology.  

Before that, it was keeping/breeding tarantulas and invertebrates.  I also have a vast knowledge of insectivorous plants.  As a kid, i practically knew every football player who played in each team.  Was obcessed.  Not so much now.  

So, what is everyone else like to study or spend time one?

Parents
  • I'm not sure if this is typical but I get I obsessed with topics for short durations,maybe a couple of months. The gym has been a mainstay that has floated in and out my life but others have been

Open razors and old fashioned razors

Wild camping 

Bicycle repair and riding

Budgeting, stock market

Does anyone else jump between interests?

Thanks 

• I'm not sure if this is typical but I get I obsessed with topics for short durations,maybe a couple of months. The gym has been a mainstay that has floated in and out my life but others have been

Open razors and old fashioned razors

Wild camping 

Bicycle repair and riding

Budgeting, stock market

Does anyone else jump between interests?

Thanks 

Children
  • Would love to wild camp but hard to find the time plus, my wife hates camping.  I tend to stick with the same intererests but can flip back between them

• Yes, I get wholly obsessed with a topic and all associated satellite matters......until I'm not.  Then I'll find a new thing that will TOTALLY grip me.  The duration can vary from a few weeks to a year or more.  It's pretty cool in some ways, but massively selfish in others.  It does make me surprisingly knowledgeable over a wide array of random things.

• I tend to be the opposite: I'm very selective about what I get into, but when I do I fully lean into it over a long time, and never entirely putting a full stop on it. There have been one or two exceptions. I suppose trying different diets might have fallen into that intensive-but-short category for me. Hoping for, and briefly thinking I had, the answer to feeling less fatigue, pain, bloating etc. every day of every week, but then realising that any initial benefits were either beginner's luck or a placebo effect.