Just been diagnosed and struggling to tell people but exhausted with masking. Don’t know where to start

Recently diagnosed after seeing so many therapists for poor mental health and all of a sudden it all makes sense. I’m so tired from just not being myself for so long. I just want to be myself now and I know I would start to feel slowly better but I just don’t know how to tell people or how to deal with the questions like oh your 36 and only just found out or things like oh you don’t seem like you have autism? I feel like I have masked for so long I don’t know how to unmask! 

Parents
  • Sending you virtual hugs, I hope that you don't mind them. My heart goes for you, hang in there. I self discovered few months ago. It starts very hard before it starts to get easier. It won't happen overnight. Focus constantly on your wishes, needs and wellbeing. Listen to yourself and it gets easier the more you practice it. It's not easy for anyone so be gentle with yourself. I also recommend that you try your best not to affect your job with this, I mean try not to make your professional relationships the experiment playground for your unmasking, even tho it's so hard. Lot of luck for you

• Sending you virtual hugs, I hope that you don't mind them. My heart goes for you, hang in there. I self discovered few months ago. It starts very hard before it starts to get easier. It won't happen overnight. Focus constantly on your wishes, needs and wellbeing. Listen to yourself and it gets easier the more you practice it. It's not easy for anyone so be gentle with yourself. I also recommend that you try your best not to affect your job with this, I mean try not to make your professional relationships the experiment playground for your unmasking, even tho it's so hard. Lot of luck for you

Children
No Data