Dating and romantic relationships

Hello everyone,

I wanted to put my thoughts here. I'm 35 years old and I had hoped to be married with children by now. I'm a virgin as well.

I've struggled to date and have relationships with girls/women.  I'm better socially but can still misunderstand and be misunderstood. In my experience, the problem with having a small social circle is you tend to think you have a special bond with one person, and think there'll be no-one else like them out there in the world. When they say they are not interested in dating you, it can hurt.

Is Flame Introductions a dating agency for autistic people?  Thanks for any advice.

Parents
  • There is a problem that I had, and I think that it could be more applicable to autistic people in general, and that is a fear of being trapped in a relationship with someone unsuitable. I am so confrontation averse and 'soft-hearted', that I could see myself starting a romantic relationship, finding out that my partner was really not 'simpatico', but sliding into an unfortunate marriage simply because I could not hurt the other person by ending the relationship. This fear really held back my willingness to connect with women that I did not know well beforehand.

• There is a problem that I had, and I think that it could be more applicable to autistic people in general, and that is a fear of being trapped in a relationship with someone unsuitable. I am so confrontation averse and 'soft-hearted', that I could see myself starting a romantic relationship, finding out that my partner was really not 'simpatico', but sliding into an unfortunate marriage simply because I could not hurt the other person by ending the relationship. This fear really held back my willingness to connect with women that I did not know well beforehand.

Children
No Data