Dating and romantic relationships

Hello everyone,

I wanted to put my thoughts here. I'm 35 years old and I had hoped to be married with children by now. I'm a virgin as well.

I've struggled to date and have relationships with girls/women.  I'm better socially but can still misunderstand and be misunderstood. In my experience, the problem with having a small social circle is you tend to think you have a special bond with one person, and think there'll be no-one else like them out there in the world. When they say they are not interested in dating you, it can hurt.

Is Flame Introductions a dating agency for autistic people?  Thanks for any advice.

Parents
  • I can relate to this. I am not 35, but I am still a virgin at 22 and have no consistent relationship with girls. Most of them do not notice me at all, and the ones that do just do not want to spend time with me more than they would with a good friend. This is what they tell me most of the time: you’re an excellent friend, and one of them even told me once, “I wish my boyfriend was more like you.” I am almost desperate and don’t know what I am doing wrong.
    I try my best and even sometimes send them flowers [link removed by Moderator]. They say it’s nice, but it never goes further, even though I always try to show I am open to a relationship.

• I can relate to this. I am not 35, but I am still a virgin at 22 and have no consistent relationship with girls. Most of them do not notice me at all, and the ones that do just do not want to spend time with me more than they would with a good friend. This is what they tell me most of the time: you’re an excellent friend, and one of them even told me once, “I wish my boyfriend was more like you.” I am almost desperate and don’t know what I am doing wrong.
    I try my best and even sometimes send them flowers [link removed by Moderator]. They say it’s nice, but it never goes further, even though I always try to show I am open to a relationship.

Children
No Data