Really struggling with neighbours

They are so noisy, all of the time :( **removed content as keep forgetting this is a public forum and I wish it wasn’t** it basically feels like they live in my house because I can ALWAYS hear them. I’ve lost it several times today, shouted through the wall, cried and my stomach has been in an angry knot all day. I’m just sick of it and it’s not going to stop. I don’t see the point of moving again as it’ll probably be the same, or could even be worse. Why does everything and everyone have to be so noisy all of the time?? I’m sick of having to wear earplugs, or AirPods to drown it out, why should I have to. I’ve always been sensitive to noise but it seems to be getting worse the older I get :( 

Parents
  • I think you need to understand that this is just general noise of life. If it's happened before and you believe it will happen again then it's the way you're viewing it and coping with it that needs to alter. It may turn out that the children are on the spectrum as well. If you start your day feeling they are doing it on purpose or to upset you then it will grind you down. If you're looking out for it or letting it be the focus of your attention then you'll hear it all the time.

Do you have any noise in your home? do you have the t.v. or radio with something you would like to hear. The more you let it get to you the less you can cope with it.

Try some meditation or mindfulness. It does help:)

• Yes, and just like anyone who is autistic that has major sensory issues surrounding certain noises ‘understanding’ that it’s just general noise of life isn’t helpful in the slightest. Funnily enough, all of the noises that cause me issues are ‘just general noises of life’… It’s not a choice that I want to let it get me and I find it a little insulting that that’s what you are insinuating. 

I have wondered before if the kid is on the spectrum, and maybe when they grow up they’ll find noises as distressing as I do. However that doesn’t change how the high pitched and loud noises affect me. 

• Yes, and just like anyone who is autistic that has major sensory issues surrounding certain noises ‘understanding’ that it’s just general noise of life isn’t helpful in the slightest. Funnily enough, all of the noises that cause me issues are ‘just general noises of life’… It’s not a choice that I want to let it get me and I find it a little insulting that that’s what you are insinuating. 

I have wondered before if the kid is on the spectrum, and maybe when they grow up they’ll find noises as distressing as I do. However that doesn’t change how the high pitched and loud noises affect me. 

Children
No Data