Really struggling with neighbours

They are so noisy, all of the time :( **removed content as keep forgetting this is a public forum and I wish it wasn’t** it basically feels like they live in my house because I can ALWAYS hear them. I’ve lost it several times today, shouted through the wall, cried and my stomach has been in an angry knot all day. I’m just sick of it and it’s not going to stop. I don’t see the point of moving again as it’ll probably be the same, or could even be worse. Why does everything and everyone have to be so noisy all of the time?? I’m sick of having to wear earplugs, or AirPods to drown it out, why should I have to. I’ve always been sensitive to noise but it seems to be getting worse the older I get :( 

Parents
  • Pretend it is storm noise?  I was helped by thinking of the source of the noise differently.  When I’m focused on people producing things I get afraid because of my lifetime difficulties with people.  When I imagine that it is rain, thunder tree noise even loud nature sounds I don’t associate them with fear and frustration which human beings engender. 

• I really wish I could but I know this won’t work. It’s mostly high pitched children, or one specifically is very loud. It’s just constant. 

Reply Children
No Data