Really struggling with neighbours

They are so noisy, all of the time :( **removed content as keep forgetting this is a public forum and I wish it wasn’t** it basically feels like they live in my house because I can ALWAYS hear them. I’ve lost it several times today, shouted through the wall, cried and my stomach has been in an angry knot all day. I’m just sick of it and it’s not going to stop. I don’t see the point of moving again as it’ll probably be the same, or could even be worse. Why does everything and everyone have to be so noisy all of the time?? I’m sick of having to wear earplugs, or AirPods to drown it out, why should I have to. I’ve always been sensitive to noise but it seems to be getting worse the older I get :( 

Parents
  • I get you with this. I used to live next door to a family who seemed to have a competition on who could slam the doors the loudest and most frequently. I really don’t understand why they did it, but most probably it was that the volume just didn’t register. But when the door is slammed so violently that it reverberates into next door, you’ve probably gone too far. This happened multiple times an evening and was infuriating. I think, for me at least, it was frustrating because it is noise that I couldn’t control, but in my home (a place where I should be making the decisions about noise levels). Currently I live on a quiet road in terms of neighbours, but there is a straight stretch of road that extends no further than 15 metres directly outside my home. It has speed bumps either side. For some reason people cannot resist accelerating a stupid amount along that short straight stretch, only to hammer the breaks at the corner seconds later. I wonder if it is for the misconception of making up for lost times in between speed bumps. The noise this generates is so frustrating, especially in the summer when I have the windows open. It’s more frustrating now I’ve noticed it, so during this busy periods, I try and drown it out with my own noise (music) or busy myself with other tasks. It’s made it fractionally more bearable.

• I know it will be really annoying for you but I’d swap for cars in a heartbeat! This is a very loud child, only one of them. Talks loudly, screams in excitement, makes a pretend crying noise when it’s not getting attention, shouts all the time, squeals, literally non stop all day. It starts as early as 6 in the morning and they hardly ever take them anywhere. If it’s not the child it’s her shouting get down, get out etc to the dog. I can be at the front of my house inside and they be in the back garden and I can hear them, there’s no escape. I just cried in my car before driving home because I couldn’t bear it for another day, but I’ve just come home to see them driving off, they’ll be back in an hour though. She also slams the front door when she gets in so hard that it shakes the front of my house. We’ve had words before over email as I refuse to talk to them. There’s other families with kids around here but none make as much as noise as my neighbours, and if they do it’s short lived so I know it’ll end, but the neighbours literally never stop. They’re incredibly selfish and live in their little noisey bubble. I don’t expect kids to be silent, but they can at least try and teach the kid to stop being so loud. I work from home too so can’t escape it. 

• I know it will be really annoying for you but I’d swap for cars in a heartbeat! This is a very loud child, only one of them. Talks loudly, screams in excitement, makes a pretend crying noise when it’s not getting attention, shouts all the time, squeals, literally non stop all day. It starts as early as 6 in the morning and they hardly ever take them anywhere. If it’s not the child it’s her shouting get down, get out etc to the dog. I can be at the front of my house inside and they be in the back garden and I can hear them, there’s no escape. I just cried in my car before driving home because I couldn’t bear it for another day, but I’ve just come home to see them driving off, they’ll be back in an hour though. She also slams the front door when she gets in so hard that it shakes the front of my house. We’ve had words before over email as I refuse to talk to them. There’s other families with kids around here but none make as much as noise as my neighbours, and if they do it’s short lived so I know it’ll end, but the neighbours literally never stop. They’re incredibly selfish and live in their little noisey bubble. I don’t expect kids to be silent, but they can at least try and teach the kid to stop being so loud. I work from home too so can’t escape it. 

Children
No Data