Really struggling with neighbours

They are so noisy, all of the time :( **removed content as keep forgetting this is a public forum and I wish it wasn’t** it basically feels like they live in my house because I can ALWAYS hear them. I’ve lost it several times today, shouted through the wall, cried and my stomach has been in an angry knot all day. I’m just sick of it and it’s not going to stop. I don’t see the point of moving again as it’ll probably be the same, or could even be worse. Why does everything and everyone have to be so noisy all of the time?? I’m sick of having to wear earplugs, or AirPods to drown it out, why should I have to. I’ve always been sensitive to noise but it seems to be getting worse the older I get :( 

Parents
  • It sounds like (forgive the pun) you are not able to prevent the noise generation at its source.  You have my sympathies.

What you almost certainly can do is substantively stop the noise from pervading your home - or at least parts of it - with some pretty rudimentary building technology.  It does steal a bit of your space / volume, but in my experience, it was definitely worth the sacrifice for the sake of my blood pressure, especially because I have found my aural sensitivities to increase in line with my grey hair count!

I did this a few years back, and it was one of the wisest things I've ever done.  My sensory "black hole" is my favourite place to be and has done wonders for my sense of well being at times of overwhelm or when I just need time, peace and space.  Mine didn't cost fortunes and is REALLY effective.

Good luck - and I hope you can enjoy a peaceful nights sleep.

• It sounds like (forgive the pun) you are not able to prevent the noise generation at its source.  You have my sympathies.

What you almost certainly can do is substantively stop the noise from pervading your home - or at least parts of it - with some pretty rudimentary building technology.  It does steal a bit of your space / volume, but in my experience, it was definitely worth the sacrifice for the sake of my blood pressure, especially because I have found my aural sensitivities to increase in line with my grey hair count!

I did this a few years back, and it was one of the wisest things I've ever done.  My sensory "black hole" is my favourite place to be and has done wonders for my sense of well being at times of overwhelm or when I just need time, peace and space.  Mine didn't cost fortunes and is REALLY effective.

Good luck - and I hope you can enjoy a peaceful nights sleep.

Children
  • I’ve thought about sound proofing the walls, or whichever it’s called. I read into it, one stops sound coming in, one stops it going out. But either way I don’t have the funds to do that at all. It’s not only at night, it’s all through the day. It started at 6.30am this morning before I’ve even had a cup of coffee and it’s already upset me. Loop earnplus in already but I don’t particularly like wearing them.