Therapy

Just wondering who here is willing to say if they see a therapist/counsellor and if so, how long have they been doing so for? And how long are they likely to continue doing so? Something that was just said to me made me wonder am I being pathetic in being more than a year in to weekly sessions and feeling like several more months  at least feel needed.

Parents
  • I tried it once, 8 weeks, 1h session per week, it didn't feel like it helps at all, to the contrary, going again through bad memories only made reminescence more about them and made those memories stronger

• I tried it once, 8 weeks, 1h session per week, it didn't feel like it helps at all, to the contrary, going again through bad memories only made reminescence more about them and made those memories stronger

Children
  • I find that for me, there's a lifetime of suppressed stuff, plus the ongoing heartbreak of more recent life events, to process. Eight weeks wouldn't have scratched the surface, but it's interesting to hear your view on things as always.