Hearing

Those with sensory issues surrounding sound, do you also have very good hearing? Sound is a huge problem for me regarding distraction. I just came out into the garden for a smoke and they’re having a party a few doors down which was winding me up, but I was trying really hard to ignore that and kept trying to make myself carry on with my online search of something (not very successfully). But while all this was going on I noticed this annoying noise on the fence next to me, not particularly loud, and I was struggling to work out what it was. I tried pushing the fence to see if it was the breeze, moved the plant to see if that was brushing against the fence, nope. What it was, was a wasp, collecting wood from the fence for its nest I presume. In the past I’ve also heard a wood louse giving birth in my outhouse when it was quiet and hunted down the noise. And probably a little louder, but the bubbles inside a can of opened Coke drive me mad too. 

Parents Reply
  • I clearly annoy everyone

It isn't true, they just telll us it is, and they gaslight us until we believe it

the truth is:

it starts with different Theory of Mind for allistic and autistic, and it's causing Double Empathy Problem

the truth is:

they prefer to interpret it like that because it's convenient for them , and they do not care about our mental health

you should start watching that series of videos with your kid www.youtube.com/watch

Children
  • I do genuinely believe I’m annoying, but people also annoy me eventually. I don’t want people in my life but at the same time I feel lonely. I guess the issue is they don’t get it, they don’t see how you can think differently, in the same way I struggle to understand synesthesia, though admittedly I find that fascinating more than annoying.