Newly Diagnosed

I've been recently diagnosed with Autism, I also have CPTSD, Anxiety and Depression so I'm feeling a little bit unsure of myself. I'm not sure how I should be feeling, how I should act or react to things.  This is all rather new for me, even though I have a son with mild Autism. I'm not sure where I am on the spectrum yet but I like to do things a certain way, I like my routine and I like to know what is happening and when. 

I hope I can make new friends here and if possible meet up for chats etc. 

Parents
  • Hello, I was diagnosed with autism last month at the age of almost 41. I have personally taken it quite well because it has meant that I can make sense of a lot of things in my life that I previously couldn't explain. It has helped me to understand myself so much better than I ever have. 

I also suffer from depression and anxiety so I do get that your head can be muddled and it can be difficult to piece everything together. Take your time, focus on your well-being first of all.

The professional I spoke to said that they no longer place people on a specific part of the spectrum. The spectrum is so wide and varied that and everyone truly is unique. She said that under the old terminology I would have been classed as having Asperger's but now it's simply diagnosed as ASD. 

You're not alone and I am sure that many people here will support you. I am new to this community too. 

Good luck with everything! 

• Likewise, diagnosed a couple of months ago after turning 40. Crazy how you just start thinking you know what life has been and then this sort of flips everything somewhat, whilst everything around you stays the same

It's just the lens we look though that is different, perhaps the world Jas been reframed

• Likewise, diagnosed a couple of months ago after turning 40. Crazy how you just start thinking you know what life has been and then this sort of flips everything somewhat, whilst everything around you stays the same

It's just the lens we look though that is different, perhaps the world Jas been reframed

Children
No Data