Newly Diagnosed

I've been recently diagnosed with Autism, I also have CPTSD, Anxiety and Depression so I'm feeling a little bit unsure of myself. I'm not sure how I should be feeling, how I should act or react to things.  This is all rather new for me, even though I have a son with mild Autism. I'm not sure where I am on the spectrum yet but I like to do things a certain way, I like my routine and I like to know what is happening and when. 

I hope I can make new friends here and if possible meet up for chats etc. 

Parents
  • Congrats on the diagnosis, it can take time to settle so you don't question yourself or how you should feel, the best way forward is acceptance and let go of feeling you need to be a particular way.  Things like CPTSD and anxiety can reduce when we don't agitate our brains about ourselves or things we can't control.

• Congrats on the diagnosis, it can take time to settle so you don't question yourself or how you should feel, the best way forward is acceptance and let go of feeling you need to be a particular way.  Things like CPTSD and anxiety can reduce when we don't agitate our brains about ourselves or things we can't control.

Children
No Data