Project management training

Hi all. I would be interested in hearing if anyone on the spectrum has had problems with project management training? I am trying to do a PRINCE2 course, but I am really struggling to get my head around all the concepts, interconnecting parts and concurrent processes. I have failed my foundation exam and I don't know if it is that I am not trying hard enough (I have done two 12 hour days to try and pass the exam which others on the course have managed).

I don't know if it is something that my brain can't cope with, or if I am just being rubbish as I am normally really good at remembering things.  I would be interested to hear if anyone has had similar experiences.  I am formally diagnosed with ASD level 1.

Parents
  • I'm sorry, I might have sounded bit rough, I did not want to offend you

I just enrolled to do IT+Math (honors) at OU, parttime, that'll be peace a cake, especially math

• Don't worry - I completely agree with you! My biggest worry was that I was doing something wrong - but realistically I don't know what else I could do.  I am turning off to the trainer talking endlessly about these concepts -I just lose interest and it all washes over me and I am very tempted to get on with something else, as I have little interest in something I simply do not understand.

• I went for something I can do with little effort, that will increase level of my qualifications, because college diploma + no experience means you stuck, can't get entry level job - overqualified, can't get advanced level either - no experience

another question is, if the course is to give you enlightment of sorts, or is it supposed to be means to help you have easier life.

• I went for something I can do with little effort, that will increase level of my qualifications, because college diploma + no experience means you stuck, can't get entry level job - overqualified, can't get advanced level either - no experience

another question is, if the course is to give you enlightment of sorts, or is it supposed to be means to help you have easier life.

Children
No Data