Do you work?

Do you work, or study, or just do things around the house?

I'm jobless at the moment. But I am looking for work but I failed at school and have nothing to aid me getting a job. The idea of working makes me so nervous but surviving without income looks hard, and in time I want my own family one day so I need to be able to provide.

I was looking at studying but I'm too nervous and I'm not very good at learning which I guess is why I failed school. 

So at the moment I'm just doing things around the house and am trying to better myself Slight smile

Parents
  • Hi Jess, I work restoring classic cars, I find it quite therapeutic, working to exact measurements and quality really suits  me. I work totally alone so don’t have to talk or listen to others all day. I only communicate with customers by text. Had a burnout in December and now managing about 5 hours per day now I’m back at work. I take my Jack Russell Otis with me, he’s all the company I need. I do occasionally get customers turn up uninvited, they often make a comment of, “ you must be so lonely being on your own all day”. If they only knew! If you do have to talk to people unexpectedly, I find having a set chat in place quite helpful. When they get down to the weather, I then have to get rid of them as I’m bored by then.

• Hi Roy, that sounds really fun for you to do! :) I can't remember what ones but my dad used to restore classic cars as well, mum said he used to really enjoy that and would spend hours working on them. I'm sorry you went through burnout, I've had that a few times it takes a lot of rest and recovering. I hope you are doing better and being kind to yourself. Take it one day at a time.

Your Jack Russell sounds adorable! I love dogs they are to sweet.

• Hi Roy, that sounds really fun for you to do! :) I can't remember what ones but my dad used to restore classic cars as well, mum said he used to really enjoy that and would spend hours working on them. I'm sorry you went through burnout, I've had that a few times it takes a lot of rest and recovering. I hope you are doing better and being kind to yourself. Take it one day at a time.

Your Jack Russell sounds adorable! I love dogs they are to sweet.

Children
No Data