Food intolerances and environmental sensitivities

Hi everyone, 

Does anyone else have the following? I've been to see an immunologist/allergist, who said that these are not 'true' allergies as per a blood test, but it's probably something to do with my autonomic nervous system. i.e., he couldn't help me Disappointed (which cost me $490 to find out). 

I have crazy food intolerances and I get what appears to be allergic type symptoms (roof of mouth feels swollen, headache, sore throat, feel a bit wheezy, fatigue) when I eat the following:

• casein, even butter (which is high fat, low casein)
  • eggs
  • gluten

I get reactions almost immediately. Anti-histamines don't do much.

The other issue I have is with environmental sensitivity. I have issues with the following, which give me the same symptoms as the food intolerances: 

Chemical sensitivity, e.g., fragrances, sprays
• smoke from wood fires, candles
• VOC's - paint, carpets
• Mould 
• dust 
• OFF GASSING - e.g., rubber from new yoga mat
• Professional pest spray

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this? Obviously, it's not pleasant, and makes me feel crappy all the time. I don't want to keep eliminating food because that's when I get into trouble when I try to reintroduce things (i.e., I get really sick).

Many thanks Slight smile

Parents
  • As I have mentioned elsewhere, I have intolerances to baker's and brewer's yeast,  pineapple, spinach, scombroid fish, and, unfortunately, potatoes. Potato intolerance is vanishingly rare, despite potato being part of the deadly nightshade family.

• I have a bad reaction to potatoes and tomatoes - and I think all the deadly nightshade family. I was getting rashes and inflamed and painful joints - but when I cut out these foods it went away. A couple of years later I tried them again and it came back - so I’m pretty sure that those foods were the problem. I haven’t had them since (which is very annoying because I love potato and tomato!). 

• I have a bad reaction to potatoes and tomatoes - and I think all the deadly nightshade family. I was getting rashes and inflamed and painful joints - but when I cut out these foods it went away. A couple of years later I tried them again and it came back - so I’m pretty sure that those foods were the problem. I haven’t had them since (which is very annoying because I love potato and tomato!). 

Children
No Data