Food intolerances and environmental sensitivities

Hi everyone, 

Does anyone else have the following? I've been to see an immunologist/allergist, who said that these are not 'true' allergies as per a blood test, but it's probably something to do with my autonomic nervous system. i.e., he couldn't help me Disappointed (which cost me $490 to find out). 

I have crazy food intolerances and I get what appears to be allergic type symptoms (roof of mouth feels swollen, headache, sore throat, feel a bit wheezy, fatigue) when I eat the following:

• casein, even butter (which is high fat, low casein)
  • eggs
  • gluten

I get reactions almost immediately. Anti-histamines don't do much.

The other issue I have is with environmental sensitivity. I have issues with the following, which give me the same symptoms as the food intolerances: 

Chemical sensitivity, e.g., fragrances, sprays
• smoke from wood fires, candles
• VOC's - paint, carpets
• Mould 
• dust 
• OFF GASSING - e.g., rubber from new yoga mat
• Professional pest spray

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this? Obviously, it's not pleasant, and makes me feel crappy all the time. I don't want to keep eliminating food because that's when I get into trouble when I try to reintroduce things (i.e., I get really sick).

Many thanks Slight smile

Parents
  • Yes my body cannot tolerate gluten and casein, because it makes me feel sick in many different ways. Gluten and casein's molecular structures are very similar to one another, so if the body's immune system reacts badly to gluten, it likely will not tolerate casein either. I tried lactose-free milk and cheese, but it didn't help, so I had to stop ingesting dairy products, but found suitable substitutions for my diet. Also I avoid strong chemical smells,

I mean there's a lot of people in videos talking about how they had really bad health issues that they discovered were caused by gluten, but doctors don't always believe the patient. I mean, I've had my own bad doctor's visit about gluten, and he was even suggesting that I continue eating gluten, because he thought I was just scared about reading label packaging that had the word "gluten" in it, and I was like what? I just told you I had bad reactions to eating gluten, not just by reading the word gluten. No one would tell a person who said they had a bad reaction to honey, to keep eating honey, or strawberries, or nuts, any other type of food, but when it's gluten, no one believes you or your symptoms. 

I mean there was an old term called "bread madness" that used to describe schizophrenia, there's a neurological link between eating gluten and having bad reactions to it. And when these people who had bread madness stopped eating bread, they were fine again after some time. If it's an autoimmune condition, then the immune system can attack different parts of the body and brain, leading to different diseases and disorders. 

I mean I'm not going to wait for science and research to catch up to the doctors like decades later about the gluten autoimmune system reaction thing so that I will be believed or validated about it, I mean if I'm sick when I eat gluten, and I completely better without it, then I'm more than happy to go without it. I mean I can sleep properly now, work a regular job, get out the door to buy groceries, and these simple everyday things were impossible for me to do while under the influence of gluten. 

• Yes my body cannot tolerate gluten and casein, because it makes me feel sick in many different ways. Gluten and casein's molecular structures are very similar to one another, so if the body's immune system reacts badly to gluten, it likely will not tolerate casein either. I tried lactose-free milk and cheese, but it didn't help, so I had to stop ingesting dairy products, but found suitable substitutions for my diet. Also I avoid strong chemical smells,

I mean there's a lot of people in videos talking about how they had really bad health issues that they discovered were caused by gluten, but doctors don't always believe the patient. I mean, I've had my own bad doctor's visit about gluten, and he was even suggesting that I continue eating gluten, because he thought I was just scared about reading label packaging that had the word "gluten" in it, and I was like what? I just told you I had bad reactions to eating gluten, not just by reading the word gluten. No one would tell a person who said they had a bad reaction to honey, to keep eating honey, or strawberries, or nuts, any other type of food, but when it's gluten, no one believes you or your symptoms. 

I mean there was an old term called "bread madness" that used to describe schizophrenia, there's a neurological link between eating gluten and having bad reactions to it. And when these people who had bread madness stopped eating bread, they were fine again after some time. If it's an autoimmune condition, then the immune system can attack different parts of the body and brain, leading to different diseases and disorders. 

I mean I'm not going to wait for science and research to catch up to the doctors like decades later about the gluten autoimmune system reaction thing so that I will be believed or validated about it, I mean if I'm sick when I eat gluten, and I completely better without it, then I'm more than happy to go without it. I mean I can sleep properly now, work a regular job, get out the door to buy groceries, and these simple everyday things were impossible for me to do while under the influence of gluten. 

Children
No Data