Sleep and heightened senses

I have to wear earplugs at night or I would never get to sleep. I'm slightly envious of  my partially deaf hubby who can snooze at the drop of a hat and external noises never seem to bother him. Not only do I have to block out his snoring, I have to block off any other noises, such as cars, people outside and wailing cats (usually our own). We live on a quiet street, so maybe any noises seem louder because of that . I also can't sleep if the landing light has been left on by kids, the sliver of light under the door annoys me so much even with my eyes closed that I have to get up and switch it off. I don't take sleeping pills, thankfully I don't need any. But I sure go through a load of earplugs! 

Parents
  • I’ve recently discovered noise cancelling earphones / earbuds. They are brilliant, I can either use them just on noise cancelling or listen to an audio book in bed. I live in a village with no street lighting and love it.

They even cancel out the sound of Darth Vader sleeping next to me !

• I have those too, they're amazing, I've only used them for listening to music before, but just now I popped them in so I cant hear himself eating. Hurray! 

Reply Children
No Data