Windows NT

Oh, really? Hmm. Interesting.

I've got all three of my eyes on you now, Microsoft.

Windows NT - Wikipedia

Parents
  • Given bill gates and a lot of real techies are autistic, I think it should always have been called windows ND.

It was one of the first decent server and desktop operating systems they wrote, especially NT4 6A. but given it was aging when I started in IT , a couple of steps forward were XP desktop and 2003R2 server, in my opinion that's when they really became strong. My MCSE is 2003, might need to refresh that before I start putting it on my CV these days....

• My MCSE is 2003

It is only 21 years old now - old enough to be starting its own family...

I started in the dark old days of DOS and command line everything so NT3.51 (my first exposure for it) was like a glimpse into the future.

I run a virtual desktop of NT4 from time to time for nostalga but by god it is clunky compared to Windows 11.

• There's a lot of firms probably still got 2k3 servers lurking and desperate to find someone who understands them! Mad that it feels like yesterday I passed MCSE.

My first days of computing were c16 at home, I read the instructions book and also "beginners basic" and after I finished the games I wrote programs, aged ten ISH, it just felt so easy and logical, unlike people, so I spent a lot of time in my room on my own.

Went to highschool and got lost in the socials, gaming was cool but coding wasn't, so guess which way this stupid fool went.... Glad I got back on track late 20s, did lots of courses and learning and got myself a job in IT. Shame I missed that first ten years.

• There's a lot of firms probably still got 2k3 servers lurking and desperate to find someone who understands them! Mad that it feels like yesterday I passed MCSE.

My first days of computing were c16 at home, I read the instructions book and also "beginners basic" and after I finished the games I wrote programs, aged ten ISH, it just felt so easy and logical, unlike people, so I spent a lot of time in my room on my own.

Went to highschool and got lost in the socials, gaming was cool but coding wasn't, so guess which way this stupid fool went.... Glad I got back on track late 20s, did lots of courses and learning and got myself a job in IT. Shame I missed that first ten years.

Children
No Data