Sensory issues with sleep

Does anyone ellse tend to have an overactive brain before they go to bed? Like if your staying some where different like at a relative's house you can't sleep well unless it's your own bed. Other people's houses freak me out at night time. I can literally here everything from pipes creeking to floor boards to the wind outside. Then my over imagination kikcs in and thinks there must be somone there when reality I do t beleive in ghosts but old Victorian propperties really creep me out. I sleep fine in my house but when we stay at families houses not so much. 

Parents
  • Other people's houses freak me out at night time.

I read somewhere that humans are wired to be on alert during sleep to protect themselves from danger.  I guess it's inbuilt and more prevalent in some people.

I sleep better when my daughter is away at her Daddys as I feel I can fully relax and not have to be ready incase she wakes up and I need to have the perfect parent mask on.  She phoned me tonight from Daddys which she rarely does.  It made my heart dance.

• I am alert at night, as soon as I hear a voice I am awake.  Which is annoying at the moment because my wife’s medication is giving her vivid dreams and sometimes she talks!

Reply Children