Feel the music?

Just wondering:

A.) How do people feel about music? Good, bad? Too distracting, the best distraction?

B.) Music tastes: What's yours like? (Genres, not just good or bad... lol) Big Beat-y base, or gentle melodies?

C.) Do you find you can alter your own outlook purely by changing the tunes? (It may seem ironic: but if I need cheering up fast, I'll often listen to and singalong to: Monty Python's - Always look on the bright side of life...)

Parents
  • For me it's stuff like Iron Maiden, Sabaton, Ozzy, Korpiklaani, Eclipse, Sham 69, Green Day, Rob Zombie, Sum 41, Link Park, The Hu, Fin Troll, Tom Petty, The Clash, Rush, Airborne, Alice cooper, Sex Pistols, Rolling Stones, Beatles Motzat, Lude wing check out Revaluation Revolution by Rob zombie sums up autism in a nutshell. Along with brutal planet by Alice cooper probably another a lot on here could relate to.

• I prefer Post-Punk to Punk. Joy Division and Magazine are two of my all-time favourite bands.

My Artist Friend gave me a John Cooper Clarke LP, from his personal collection, to me; as a Christmas Gift.

I grew up a Poster Child of Britpop. Seems tragic, now, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

• :-( I went to see Blur at Hyde Park in the early 00's... haha. I did also go see Thin Lizzy as well, or rather what was left of the group by then.

Do you like Ska music? I recently got into a band called Death of Guitar Pop. Not sure if I'm right but thought Ska and punk has a little bit of crossover? Tbf I'm probably totally wrong!

• Ska would have been around Desmond Dekker's time; I believe.

• Thought it was other way around, I thought Ska was a cross of reggae and punk. As I say, could be wrong, but everything seems to be a mix of styles that have gone before. :-)

• Wasn't Ska the origin of Reggae? But that would have shaped punk.

Reply Children