Computer games

Hi,

I was recently diagnosed with ASD and am still coming to terms with it. I have some reading materials that I'll try and look at over the Christmas period but I can't guarantee being able to focus.

I wanted to understand if anyone else finds certain computer games a welcome break from the world, and that they are soothing? Most computer games are a sensory overload for me and even when they aren't I often get a headache after 30-60 min. There are a few which are nice and calm and help me when I feel overloaded. I like a game called Skyrim - it has wonderful repetitive soothing music and an open world, so you can just walk around and explore, and interact with people only when you want. The dialogue options are nice and simple too. I sometimes also play turn-based computer versions of board games. There are some available on Steam that are fun, like Gloomhaven. Am I alone in this? Does anyone else have this as a hobby / decompressing activity?

Hope you are all doing well.

Parents Reply
  • Rule reminder 4 - "be nice to each other and enjoy chatting.  We encourage conversation and respectful debate; please be aware that individuals may give opinions which are not shared by other members.  Insulting posts or comments making personal jibes will not be tolerated."

Children
No Data