Buying gifts for neurotypical people challenging?

Anyone else find buying gifts demands almost too much social imagination in order to be accomplished satisfactorily? 

Parents
  • My former pen friend used to shower me with gifts and money (rather strange); and every year used to send me a personalized calendar. Was getting expensive. My anxiety was high as I had to send something back. Eventually said letter writing only. Unfortunately I had to stop writing which was a shame.

Now I just send three cards in December which is enough. Last year sent four and got three back. That means my pen friend has stopped writing without telling me. Also trying to keep the cost down. Bah humbug that want to send a final letter saying haven't heard from you and do you want to continue?

Sleepy

• My former pen friend used to shower me with gifts and money (rather strange); and every year used to send me a personalized calendar. Was getting expensive. My anxiety was high as I had to send something back. Eventually said letter writing only. Unfortunately I had to stop writing which was a shame.

Now I just send three cards in December which is enough. Last year sent four and got three back. That means my pen friend has stopped writing without telling me. Also trying to keep the cost down. Bah humbug that want to send a final letter saying haven't heard from you and do you want to continue?

Sleepy

Children
No Data