Buying gifts for neurotypical people challenging?

Anyone else find buying gifts demands almost too much social imagination in order to be accomplished satisfactorily? 

Parents
  • Depends on the degree of closeness to the person you’re giving the gift to. With a close friend it’s really not that hard. Actually it can be, because you don’t always know what they already have. But you just tap into their favourite hobby or their favourite fandom and you get them something based on that. The real difficulty’s  are people who don’t appear to have any strong likes or dislikes. Or people who tend to buy for themselves what others might buy for them. Like my grandmother she had all kinds of exotic ornaments but it’s difficult for me to figure out what type of ornament she might like to take me when she already have such an extensive collection.

• Depends on the degree of closeness to the person you’re giving the gift to. With a close friend it’s really not that hard. Actually it can be, because you don’t always know what they already have. But you just tap into their favourite hobby or their favourite fandom and you get them something based on that. The real difficulty’s  are people who don’t appear to have any strong likes or dislikes. Or people who tend to buy for themselves what others might buy for them. Like my grandmother she had all kinds of exotic ornaments but it’s difficult for me to figure out what type of ornament she might like to take me when she already have such an extensive collection.

Children
No Data