Buying gifts for neurotypical people challenging?

Anyone else find buying gifts demands almost too much social imagination in order to be accomplished satisfactorily? 

Parents
  • yeah i dont buy anyone anything anymore. 
    its impossible... you dont know what they want, what they would like... and even with myself i cant think what i would want from others. a state of nothingness i guess, a inability to think what others want and more so a inability to think what id want either, kinda like when you was asked as a child what do you want to do when you are older and you couldnt come up with a answer... just, i dunno i just want to exist or maybe not i dunno? lol

so i do get you on the lack of social imagination which could be that worded or described closely to what it is. or perhaps its not a bad imagination but rather than we perhaps think too much or too deeply onto it, where when someone asks what we want or we think what others want we dont think of some crap we can buy them but instead we just think of happiness... what do people truly want... happiness. thats hard to produce.

• yeah i dont buy anyone anything anymore. 
    its impossible... you dont know what they want, what they would like... and even with myself i cant think what i would want from others. a state of nothingness i guess, a inability to think what others want and more so a inability to think what id want either, kinda like when you was asked as a child what do you want to do when you are older and you couldnt come up with a answer... just, i dunno i just want to exist or maybe not i dunno? lol

so i do get you on the lack of social imagination which could be that worded or described closely to what it is. or perhaps its not a bad imagination but rather than we perhaps think too much or too deeply onto it, where when someone asks what we want or we think what others want we dont think of some crap we can buy them but instead we just think of happiness... what do people truly want... happiness. thats hard to produce.

Children
No Data