Life...

Anyone else find life as an Autistic adult immensely difficult and different? I felt like when I was a child and teenager there was loads of support but now I'm an adult everyone just abandoned me and the support and help just vanished over night. I find being an adult really hard at times. Your such an outcast to the rest of the world no one wants to bother with you. And when you try to do adult things you just crash and burn. It pees me off so much. Last year I went for over seven job interviews, didn't get one job! My parents pretty much forced me to do online dating, which I did and the result was a toxic relationship in which the man I was seeing hit me so hard I lost three teeth. No longer seeing him. And now I'm having to deal with anxiety issues as well. I went to the doctors and they put me on anti depressants, even though I told her I wasn't depressed at all! Then she referred me to the metal health team and then I found myself in a hospital called Talygarn for nearly four months! I hate medical professionals they don't help at all they just make things worse. I'll never trust a doctor again for as long as I live! I'll be turning 30 soon and it's pretty depressing because I literally have no achievements in my life. I'm an aspie, I still live with my parents even though my three brothers have all moved out, my relationships crash and burn, I can't get a job and I've been told by my mum that I'm retarded and useless, which doesn't do much for my confidence at all. Been looking for some advice and understanding for a while but couldn't find any at home so here I am.

Parents
  • my life was more like

no support as kid, and no support still

magnificent, and oh, so intersting  as a kid, and more llke that now (like my last joke on autistics and humour LOL)

I skip that difficulties until I find a pillow in safe place as a kid, and I do it still the same way Smiley

going solo 2 years now and living solo, opened so many new possibilites, for all kinds of twists I can try out now

I'm the crazy scientist mindset at it's fullest by design Smiley love crazy experiments

• my life was more like

no support as kid, and no support still

magnificent, and oh, so intersting  as a kid, and more llke that now (like my last joke on autistics and humour LOL)

I skip that difficulties until I find a pillow in safe place as a kid, and I do it still the same way Smiley

going solo 2 years now and living solo, opened so many new possibilites, for all kinds of twists I can try out now

I'm the crazy scientist mindset at it's fullest by design Smiley love crazy experiments

Children
No Data