Leaving the site.

Just like any other site this social media site seems to be full of one track narrow minded people I thought being around people of my own kind would help but clearly not. Being ASD we seem to be to stubborn and opinated. Then you have to deal with NT's that come in deamoning us and making us look like monsters I'm sure its helpful for the rest of you but for me I'm out cause I have a mind of own Fingers crossedout.Hopefully the rest of you benifit more than me. Not sure on how to delete my account though.

Parents Reply Children
  • It's another manifestation of their attention seeking behaviour.  As soon as they join, they make multiple posts, wearing an affable mask, and basking in a new source of attention, but then slowly, as the spotlight fades from them, they revert back to their true self, who is angry and resentful, before leaving with a parting burst of vitriol.

• Some people absorb a bit of personal hurt quietly like a cat will, (and I've a personal theory that autist's and cat's share a similar worldview) some people just have to share their pain.

With forums we have a UNIQUE & SPECIAL power not granted to us in the real world, that of actually having time to think and process each phase of a conversation. When someone comes AT me on a forum (as has happened here) there is TIME to respond appropriately. The more desperate I feel to refute a point, or correct someone, the more reluctant I can be to post. Taking that time to think, eiotehr gives me time to wite a more devatastating riposte, and sometimes I see the error in mine or the other persons thinking with sufficent clarity to manage the conversation in a constructive way. Sometimes, then I might choose to apologise, or even stop posting. I TRY very hard to do no harm to anyone, especially here. 

But for some people, this internet forum stuff can force them to face things they are not ready to face yet. Like their own hidden capacity for hatred and rage, or seeing what Autism looks like from an exterior perspective, and hence gaining less complementary insights into ones own character. 

Running away, whilst casting aspersions needlessly and generally, is not an indicator of a well developed character either. Your way is of course better. (At least from my perspective)  

• Sometimes, when people are hurting or in that state of mind where you feel unacknowledged, it's sort of a parting shot, one last attempt to be heard. I recognise it in myself sometimes especially when I'm close to burning out. I now know it's sort of burning your bridges response and you can't come back from that (like farting in a lift).