Dual Diagnosis

Hello, 

I was diagnosed with Autism last year at 46. I now think I have ADHD as well but I'm wondering if that would've been picked up during the assessment for Autism? 

Does anyone else have a dual Diagnosis, or sought a diagnosis for ADHD after an autism diagnosis?

Thanks in advance 

Parents
  • i was diagnosed with autism just like you,  and after watching a video on ADHD I realised that I may have ADHD as well. So at moment I am "self" diagnosed with ADHD until COVID is over.

my main issue is being distracted by things and while in conversions going off on wild tangents and diversions. The distractions can stop me working in the morning and affect my entire working day.

I find my ADHD is more detrimental at times than my autism

so i will be watching this discussion with interest

• i was diagnosed with autism just like you,  and after watching a video on ADHD I realised that I may have ADHD as well. So at moment I am "self" diagnosed with ADHD until COVID is over.

my main issue is being distracted by things and while in conversions going off on wild tangents and diversions. The distractions can stop me working in the morning and affect my entire working day.

I find my ADHD is more detrimental at times than my autism

so i will be watching this discussion with interest

Children