Do those of you on the spectrum fear the future due to our disability with ASD or is it just me.

Just find the future looks so bleak at times I'm lucky as still live my parents I'm not high functioning and I'm just ASD. Struggle with understanding things like bills and budgeting I guess along with getting work. My disability isn't visible or one you can here so it's hard to exsplain it to regular people and get any understanding from them. Is there support you can get for when your parents eventually pass. There not going anywhere anytime soon luckily as there only in there 60's but I almost feel like I wouldn't know how to survive or cope without them. Suffer baddly from anxiety don't go out because of it that and I don't have ideal social skills so usually end up offending people not on purpose but because I can come across as as a bit blunt and opinated but the future genuinely terrifies me.

Parents
  • There is no such thing as the future. It doesn't exist. So it can be neither good or bad. It's only a thought in your head—a figment of your imagination—a mental movie you are projecting onto the screen in your mind.  It's fake news, created by your own mind and broadcast to an audience of one. And like every figment of your imagination, every movie, all fake news, hit as to be traumatic to capture your attention and hypnotise you.

When the future (as we perceive it) arrives, it arrives as the Now. There is only The Now. But we miss it because we are in a trance, our minds are in the grip of the mental horror stories we've created, innocently, about an imaginary future. We are missing out on the joy, love and absence of fear that can only be accessed when we live in the present moment.

In all truth and humour, when the imagined future arrives, it will be the present moment and no matter how bad we've imagined it to be, chances are we won't notice it because we'll be too busy creating and being hypnotised by another imaginary future.

• Not really sure how to respond I guess appreciate the senterment. But I don't know. Bare in mind I've never exsactly been sheltered from elements. Thrown into a shity state went to a camunity spent most of my life just fighting to survive or fighting off bullies in general or trying to under myself and even others. Been sabatogaed been herrased been beaten been black mails. When you realise just how toxic can people trying to imagine a future that isn't scary isn't that simple

• It's not what happens to you in life, it's how you react to what happens to you. You can either wallow in self-pity and bitterness and live sadly ever after, or you can forgive, accept and move forward and live happily ever after. It's a choice.

If you have experienced all these terrible things that tells me you are a special human being—and one of the lucky ones. You've been given amazing gifts—amazing opportunities to access the indescribable joy, peace and abundance that can only be accessed through acceptance, forgiveness and the death of the ego. 

Many people lead monotone, uneventful lives, with nothing more than minor ups and downs, births, deaths, marriages, divorces and package holidays to Ibiza. They live in 2D, meaningless, passionless, carbon copy lives, and eventually die 
    without ever experiencing true love and the majesty of creation. 

• Non, je ne crois pas. Je dirais plutôt celui d'Aberforth Dumbledore...

• Are you channelling the spirit of Albert Camus, by any chance?

Reply Children