Melanie Sykes have just been diagnosed with autism

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59352983

Melanie Sykes has just been diagnosed as being autistic 

She like many here remained undiagnosed until later in life. 

very positive article

Parents
  • I've come to realise that just cause a celebrity or famous person is Autistic it doesn't mean things will get better for us. Neuro Typicals will only like the celebrity for being famous not for the disability. Take Eminem he was big way before who ever your talking about granted he's ADHD but just because he made ADHD seem cool or gangster when in reality it's not and it's actually hell to have. Things don't change for us indidvuals with it. Sure you've got somone to idolise but what exsactly to do they do to contribute to make our own personal issues go away were not one mind that can be fixed by a celebrity or famous person. Hence why I don't get why people get so hyped over stuff. Look at Einstein for example you'd of thought one of the world's most renowned scientists would of changed things for us no.  Same with Darwinism the man who came up the theory evolution now disproven though. But still the point I'm getting at it is why does it matter?

• I've come to realise that just cause a celebrity or famous person is Autistic it doesn't mean things will get better for us. Neuro Typicals will only like the celebrity for being famous not for the disability. Take Eminem he was big way before who ever your talking about granted he's ADHD but just because he made ADHD seem cool or gangster when in reality it's not and it's actually hell to have. Things don't change for us indidvuals with it. Sure you've got somone to idolise but what exsactly to do they do to contribute to make our own personal issues go away were not one mind that can be fixed by a celebrity or famous person. Hence why I don't get why people get so hyped over stuff. Look at Einstein for example you'd of thought one of the world's most renowned scientists would of changed things for us no.  Same with Darwinism the man who came up the theory evolution now disproven though. But still the point I'm getting at it is why does it matter?

Children