Melanie Sykes have just been diagnosed with autism

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59352983

Melanie Sykes has just been diagnosed as being autistic 

She like many here remained undiagnosed until later in life. 

very positive article

Parents
  • Yes, I saw this earlier this week. 
    As a woman, I’m pleased to hear yet another female has been correctly diagnosed, despite not appearing to have an issue outwardly, which is so not often the case. (I can only go on her TV persona, as I don’t know the women). I also like that she feels able to be public about it, because not everyone feels able to.

We never know peoples struggles behind closed doors, and clearly she’s had enough on her plate supporting her child who is also on the spectrum.

I don’t doubt that she will try and raise more awareness one way or another, because of her line of work.

• Yes, I saw this earlier this week. 
    As a woman, I’m pleased to hear yet another female has been correctly diagnosed, despite not appearing to have an issue outwardly, which is so not often the case. (I can only go on her TV persona, as I don’t know the women). I also like that she feels able to be public about it, because not everyone feels able to.

We never know peoples struggles behind closed doors, and clearly she’s had enough on her plate supporting her child who is also on the spectrum.

I don’t doubt that she will try and raise more awareness one way or another, because of her line of work.

Children
No Data