To undiagnosed adults or those diagnosed in adulthood: How did you realize you might be autistic?

Why did you begin to research/consider autism in the first place? What made you want to get tested?

Parents
  • I read a detailed interview with Vice Admiral Nick Hine in a weekend magazine and thought "my God, I have nothing in common with this guy's life ... but the personality he describes is mine!"  I've always considered myself to be 'different', and when I reached a senior position in working life I delegated one-to-one client relationships to others.  I always disliked the interpersonal aspect of what I did for a living.   Reading Nick Hines' story gelled with me so I looked into it, did some online tests, read a few books, and everything I learned confirmed my suspicions.  I had a diagnosis a few weeks later.

• I read a detailed interview with Vice Admiral Nick Hine in a weekend magazine and thought "my God, I have nothing in common with this guy's life ... but the personality he describes is mine!"  I've always considered myself to be 'different', and when I reached a senior position in working life I delegated one-to-one client relationships to others.  I always disliked the interpersonal aspect of what I did for a living.   Reading Nick Hines' story gelled with me so I looked into it, did some online tests, read a few books, and everything I learned confirmed my suspicions.  I had a diagnosis a few weeks later.

Children
No Data