To undiagnosed adults or those diagnosed in adulthood: How did you realize you might be autistic?

Why did you begin to research/consider autism in the first place? What made you want to get tested?

Parents
  • I had to wait 5 years for an assessment. But you can go privately and get it done. For me it was clinical dipression and cripleing anexity and repetitive behivhior. Living life like I was stuck in limbo and couldn't break my cycle. Then dealing with melt downs and the majority of my freinds a shrink and a therapist assesed me with it. I hate being ASD personally as it's a real head *** at times but hey if you can hide it do it as life Only gets harder when your on the spectrum and there isn't really much help after getting assesed to make it worth pursuing anyway.

• Can you tell us details about the good things that happened because of the assessment. Ta.

• There honestly weren't many they just said well prescribe you retilin for your ADHD and sleeping tablets cause you have insomnia due to your ADHD and Autism. Besides that nothing

Reply Children
No Data