Clothes

Does anyone else feel affected by the clothes they wear? I find like different ways of dressing trigger me and affect my personality.

Like if I dress a certain way I feel like I will behave a certain way or that I should behave a certain way. If I wear a different sort of outfit I feel I need to behave differently or act differently

I also get quite stressed if I feel my clothes dont go together. Like normal casual clothes on top and sportier clothes on bottom for instance

Haircuts are quite a stressful trigger for me as well

Just wondered whether clothes can be a trigger for anyone else or is it just me?

Parents
  • Clothes are a massive struggle for both me and my daughter. I find the material can be a sensory overload and it's triggering in lots of ways and I also find I'll adapt myself when I'm wearing certain clothes.

Haircuts are a big trigger. I try to avoid the salons when possible as it's too upsetting and my daughter is just the same total meltdown.

• I struggle a lot with haircuts. I managed to go to a barber for the first time in about 6 months last week. Thankfully he didnt make too much small talk at least.

Its interesting you should say you adapt yourself when wearing certain clothes, thats exactly what I do

• I have probably made my last ever visit to the barber's. I used to feel extremely self consious bringing my wee scrap of not much to get buzzed because I wasn't confident with the trimmer, but now I just go for it at home. I never minded if I got there and it was just the barber himself (nice man, always gave me the pensioner's rate out of sympathy for the sparseness and resultant speed of the job) but if there were others waiting, sometimes I'd see them smirk or nudge each other (younger ones) laughing at me. By the time I got up to leave I just wanted to die. 

• I have probably made my last ever visit to the barber's. I used to feel extremely self consious bringing my wee scrap of not much to get buzzed because I wasn't confident with the trimmer, but now I just go for it at home. I never minded if I got there and it was just the barber himself (nice man, always gave me the pensioner's rate out of sympathy for the sparseness and resultant speed of the job) but if there were others waiting, sometimes I'd see them smirk or nudge each other (younger ones) laughing at me. By the time I got up to leave I just wanted to die. 

Children
No Data