Clothes

Does anyone else feel affected by the clothes they wear? I find like different ways of dressing trigger me and affect my personality.

Like if I dress a certain way I feel like I will behave a certain way or that I should behave a certain way. If I wear a different sort of outfit I feel I need to behave differently or act differently

I also get quite stressed if I feel my clothes dont go together. Like normal casual clothes on top and sportier clothes on bottom for instance

Haircuts are quite a stressful trigger for me as well

Just wondered whether clothes can be a trigger for anyone else or is it just me?

Parents
  • Clothes are a massive struggle for both me and my daughter. I find the material can be a sensory overload and it's triggering in lots of ways and I also find I'll adapt myself when I'm wearing certain clothes.

Haircuts are a big trigger. I try to avoid the salons when possible as it's too upsetting and my daughter is just the same total meltdown.

• Clothes are a massive struggle for both me and my daughter. I find the material can be a sensory overload and it's triggering in lots of ways and I also find I'll adapt myself when I'm wearing certain clothes.

Haircuts are a big trigger. I try to avoid the salons when possible as it's too upsetting and my daughter is just the same total meltdown.

Children
  • I struggle a lot with haircuts. I managed to go to a barber for the first time in about 6 months last week. Thankfully he didnt make too much small talk at least.

Its interesting you should say you adapt yourself when wearing certain clothes, thats exactly what I do