Clothes

Does anyone else feel affected by the clothes they wear? I find like different ways of dressing trigger me and affect my personality.

Like if I dress a certain way I feel like I will behave a certain way or that I should behave a certain way. If I wear a different sort of outfit I feel I need to behave differently or act differently

I also get quite stressed if I feel my clothes dont go together. Like normal casual clothes on top and sportier clothes on bottom for instance

Haircuts are quite a stressful trigger for me as well

Just wondered whether clothes can be a trigger for anyone else or is it just me?

Parents
  • I find this especially when I wear uniform. 

When I wear work clothes I am a completely different person to the 12 year old wearing pyjamas or comfy clothes. 

I also agree with the haircut. I find that perfumes or different smells trigger me too. My mum cuts my hair for me in march which is when I switch to summer shampoo and shower gel and then switch back to winter shampoo and shower gel in September. If I use the wrong shampoo/ showergel I feel very unsettled and have more meltdowns 

• I love to wear pyjamas too. Today I  kept them on I didn’t feel like getting dressed.

I have bought soft pyjama bottoms, I wear them as normal trousers in the house. I like soft clothes. I don’t like clothes that smell musty or damp. They must smell like they have been washed dried properly. Plus softness is key.

I don’t like any cold clothes on my skin. Itchy or crackling cloths. I don’t like lumpy socks Uber my feet. Or if I get a little stone in my shoe.

• I love to wear pyjamas too. Today I  kept them on I didn’t feel like getting dressed.

I have bought soft pyjama bottoms, I wear them as normal trousers in the house. I like soft clothes. I don’t like clothes that smell musty or damp. They must smell like they have been washed dried properly. Plus softness is key.

I don’t like any cold clothes on my skin. Itchy or crackling cloths. I don’t like lumpy socks Uber my feet. Or if I get a little stone in my shoe.

Children
  • I always wear 100% cotton  pyjama bottoms at home - with cosy comfy cotton tops. I love to wear Indian block print cotton pyjamas in the summer and warmer, flannel cotton pyjamas in the winter. I also have a thing about finding the most lovely cosy socks to wear at home. If I find a type of cosy sock I like I buy loads of pairs as really good cosy socks in natural materials are quite hard to find. 
    when out I wear Indian block print dresses with big cardigans. Feeling comfortable is so important to me. When I was younger I used to wear black all the time but now I love print and colour. 

• I like soft clothes and find cotton comfortable next to my skin. I don't like bumpy socks or stones in shoes.

Smell is important too. I notice the different smell if I have a different make of tissues. If I am wearing a mask I wear home made and not only are they soft but they smell of my washing liquid. When I had an eye test I had to wear a disposable mask which was hard because of the smell.