Clothes

Does anyone else feel affected by the clothes they wear? I find like different ways of dressing trigger me and affect my personality.

Like if I dress a certain way I feel like I will behave a certain way or that I should behave a certain way. If I wear a different sort of outfit I feel I need to behave differently or act differently

I also get quite stressed if I feel my clothes dont go together. Like normal casual clothes on top and sportier clothes on bottom for instance

Haircuts are quite a stressful trigger for me as well

Just wondered whether clothes can be a trigger for anyone else or is it just me?

Parents
  • I find this especially when I wear uniform. 

When I wear work clothes I am a completely different person to the 12 year old wearing pyjamas or comfy clothes. 

I also agree with the haircut. I find that perfumes or different smells trigger me too. My mum cuts my hair for me in march which is when I switch to summer shampoo and shower gel and then switch back to winter shampoo and shower gel in September. If I use the wrong shampoo/ showergel I feel very unsettled and have more meltdowns 

• I totally understand that. I hate wearing work clothes

Do you find you wear different things according to your mood as well?

Thats interesting about the shampoo. I havnt tried that but I do hate washing my hair, sometimes I take ages to get dressed in the morning cos I cant face the thought of that water running down over my head. Its a really big sensory thing 

• Yeah  Billy,  that sounds like me I don’t like washing my hair. 

Reply Children
No Data