Morning anxiety in adults

I was just wondering what people's experience of this is since I can't really find much online or its about children. Often I can get really bad nausea in the morning and I know it's anxiety and nothing physical because I don't usually get it when I'm off work. I noticed this morning how I woke up about 15 mins before my alarm but when it went off that's when the anxious feelings in my stomach started. I've also noticed I can have these feelings even if I am expecting a good day in work. (I.e. I haven't been worrying or even thinking about work).  I've noticed it slightly sometimes before going away. I have had periods where I haven't had this however. It does seem to be worse at the start of term after the summer hols. Also I used to be like this before school as a child. I'm wondering if it's just general uncertainty about a new day ahead (but not always worry) as it subsides once I get in the car and I'm at work. I was also wondering if it's discomfort about changing from one state to another. (Sleep to wakefulness) I always find waking and getting up difficult especially if it's dictated to me by having to go to work or an appointment for example.

I was wondering what other people's experiences are. Thanks. 

Parents
  • Hiya I've had morning anxiety all my life when going to do something where I'm uncertain what's going to happen or for example going into a work/classroom environment.  I've noticed this has subdued quite alit when working from home and or going on holiday as these situations are more in my control.  I've dealt with the anxious situations by masking it until I get home at night then retreating to my room which is a quiet space

• Hiya I've had morning anxiety all my life when going to do something where I'm uncertain what's going to happen or for example going into a work/classroom environment.  I've noticed this has subdued quite alit when working from home and or going on holiday as these situations are more in my control.  I've dealt with the anxious situations by masking it until I get home at night then retreating to my room which is a quiet space

Children
  • Yes I didn't have it working from home....or if I did it wasn't as noticeable. Definitely being in control of my own environment and fewer general uncertainties about the day helped.

It's interesting when you say about masking till you get home. I mentioned the physical anxiety to my friend yesterday. She feels like this at the moment as going through a bad time. I told her I felt like that most days regardless and she was like "oh no!" but I just plough on. Also, no one wpuld know i felt that way. I think for people who don't get it regularly, when they do for a specific reason, they know they don't feel right. Whereas for me I just carry on with my day.